Still loving Birchbox! Here is what was in my second Birchbox, the July Glamour box.
Alterna | BAMBOO UV + Color Protection Fade-Proof Fluide
- Birchbox description: This finishing gloss prevents UV rays from fading color while organic bamboo extracts keep hair strong & soft. Full-size, $24
- My review: I loved this stuff. It came in handy as I was swimming so much this month. I can't tell if it helped preserve my color, but it smells amazing & makes my hair super soft. I probably won't buy this as my sun & swim season is coming to an end, but I highly recommend it for next summer &/or upcoming beach trips.
Jouer | Luminizing Moisture Tint
- Birchbox description: This lightweight award-winner is our daily shortcut to dewy skin that feels natural & looks gorgeous. Full-size, $38
- My review: I liked this okay. It went on well & stayed on all day. It had a hint of shimmer, which I didn't love. In contrast to my Laura Mercier, it didn't hold up. Would be great for someone in their twenties with less fair/pale skin. Good product, just not for me.
Oscar de la Renta | live in love
- Birchbox description: This elegant floral layers notes of hyacinth & orchid over a rich base of sandalwood & cedar. Full-size, $25-78
- My review: I tried to wear this a few times, but it's not me AT ALL. Too floral & perfume-y for my blood.
stila | lip glaze
- Birchbox description: This sparkly gloss from the limited edition It's Go Time Lip Glaze Trio combines sheer color with mega-watt shine. Set of 3, $12
- My review: I actually had a stila lip glaze a few summers ago & loved it. This one was great, too & a good reminder to keep one or two of these in stock. I love stila.
LARABAR | uber
- Birchbox description: The latest addition to our snack drawer, these healthy & satisfying bars are packed with dried nuts & fruits. Pack of 5, $12.69
- My review: I eat a lot of larabars throughout the week as pre-workout snacks & lunch substitutes when I'm in my car all day. I like them & this was a nice addition to my snack stash.
Birchbox Exclusive | Earbuds
- Birchbox description: We designed these neon headphones just for you. Pair them with your best playlist.
- My review: I haven't used these yet, but they're super cute!
Overall, I liked this month's box. I bought two products from my June box, but I don't know that I'm going to buy anything from this one. I really liked the Bamboo finishing gloss, but don't need it in addition to all my other conditioners/stylers. If I was going to be out in the sun/pool more this summer, I'd buy it. Hell, I'm tempted to buy it just because it smells so good. Hmm...